Elective: Leadership and Mindfulness Tools
Students must be registered for the Summit before signing up for electives.
Leadership and Mindfulness Tools for Horsewomen
Friday, October 21, 2022, approximately noon to 4 pm.
Horsewoman and leadership coach Pepper Landson headlines this interactive workshop designed for equine professionals as well as recreational riders. This elective is a half-day offering and is limited to 50 attendees. It includes keynote presentation, guided discussions, practical demos, and a round table discussion with equine professionals.
The workshop goal is to improve the quality of equine relationships through increased self-awareness and leadership. Pepper will empower attendees with actionable information and novel skills to:
1. Increase awareness of self-driven thoughts and behaviors that may be sabotaging the quality of horse-human partnerships
2. Self-adjust in real time to produce a more favorable outcome
3. Increase satisfaction in horse-human dynamics
Method for developing feel and skills:Attendees will learn how fear and joy present in the body.
• Fear isn’t just a gut thing; it often presents as physical tension in our muscles and joints. Where are you bracing?
• Joy isn’t just a heart thing, it expands us. Where do you feel the expansion?
Developing Self-Awareness:Attendees develop a simple practice to raise self-awareness (Ask, Answer, Calibrate)
• How am I showing up to this moment? Am I present?
• What ‘story’ am I telling myself about this moment? Story is rarely ‘truth.’
Developing an Effective Practice of Conscious Horsemanship:
Attendees will develop a personal practice to calibrate our minds and, therefore, our actions to support success.Return on Investment:
With small, daily adjustments to our consciousness, we can improve the quality of every relationship, starting with our horses.Leading is the way we help move others into action, ourselves included. We all lead, either by choice or default.